The NFL and NFLPA have agreed on a comprehensive set of health and safety protocols that clubs are required to adhere to as players return to training camp. These steps are based on expert advice to help reduce risk and protect the health and safety of players and staff.
Consistent with last year, club personnel are designated into specific tiers:
- Tier 1: Players and essential football personnel whose job function requires direct access to players for more than 10 minutes at a time on a regular basis.
- Tier 2: Other essential personnel who may need to be near players and other Tier 1 individuals and who may need to access restricted areas periodically.
Each club must limit the number of individuals traveling on team transportation to 85 but allows additional Tier 1 and Tier 2 staff up to the applicable daily tier limits to separately attend practice.
Any additional Tier 1 and Tier 2 staff who attended the joint practice must leave the city of the preseason game prior to the game.
Below are some additional protocols in place for 2021 training camp and preseason:
- Fans can return to training camp as long as they follow team facility protocols and remain 20 feet away from the practice field. They will not be permitted to interact with players and personnel.
- The press box will be a fully vaccinated space for the 2021 season.
- Individuals with pregame field access must be fully vaccinated.
- Following pre-game warm-ups, guests with on-field pregame access can stand in a stanchioned section in the back of the tunnel to watch players run through the tunnel to the field. They must be fully vaccinated and remain 10 feet away from players.
Protocols are as of July 8, 2021. Policies and procedures may evolve.