The NFL will celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month during week 3 of the 2015 season.
CBS and NFL Network’s “Thursday Night Football,” NBC’s “Sunday Night Football,” and ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” will shine a national spotlight on the Hispanic community and showcase the positive role Hispanic NFL players and coaches have on and off the field.
The NFL’s celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month dates back to 2002 when then-Commissioner Paul Tagliabue made serving the Hispanic community a league priority. Working with league and club executives and leaders in the Hispanic-American community, the NFL continues to honor the important role Hispanic players and fans play in the game and the community.
Learn more about how the NFL serves the communities where the game is played.
The NFL has celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month each season since 2002.
Here are some of the Hispanic players making their mark on the NFL in 2015:
- Kiko Alonso, Philadelphia Eagles, LB
- McLeod Bethel-Thompson, Miami Dolphins, QB
- Jonathan Casillas, New York Giants, LB
- Willie Colon, New York Jets, G
- Victor Cruz, New York Giants, WR
- Gavin Escobar, Dallas Cowboys, TE
- Jon Feliciano, Oakland Raiders, G
- Arian Foster, Houston Texans, RB
- Ziggy Hood, Jacksonville Jaguars, DT
- Rob Housler, Cleveland Browns, TE
- Matt Moore, Miami Dolphins, QB
- Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Kansas City Chiefs, DE
- Kendall Reyes, San Diego Chargers, DE
- Mychal Rivera, Oakland Raiders, TE
- Daniel Rodriguez, St. Louis Rams, WR
- Evan Rodriguez, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TE
- Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys, QB
- Greg Salas, Detroit Lions, WR
- Mark Sanchez, Philadelphia Eagles, QB
- Andrew Sendejo, Minnesota Vikings, S
- Sean Smith, Kansas City Chiefs, CB
- Kenny Stills, Miami Dolphins, WR
- Louis Vasquez, Denver Broncos, G
- Alejandro Villanueva, Pittsburgh Steelers, T